Frequently Asked Questions (effective December 12, 2021)
Do I need to have a "2G" certificate to attend a screening?
Yes. Proof of low risk of infection due to one of the 2 Gs (geimpft=vaccinated, genesen=recovered) must be provided.
Can I also bring a PCR test as proof?
No. Testing is no longer permitted.
Do I have to wear a protective mask in the Film Museum?
Yes. An FFP2 mask has to be worn at all times during your visit.
What measures is the Film Museum taking to ensure my safety?
We are implementing all the measures stipulated by the Austrian Federal Government and recommended by first aid organizations to minimize the chance of virus transmission among our guests and staff.
- Staggering start and finish times of screenings to reduce queues across the venue and operating safe queuing measures with floor markings.
- More frequent and more thorough cleaning routines throughout the cinema, with extra controls in all highly frequented areas.
- Disinfection of the movie theater by anti-viral fogging after each screening
- The 2G rule applies to our personnel, regular staff testing for Covid-19
- Mandatory FFP2 mask for all guests and members of staff.
- Regular evaluation and revision of infection risk reduction strategies and staff training.
What can I do to minimize the risk of infection for myself and others?
We are doing our utmost to keep things as easy as possible for you. Nevertheless, we ask you to follow these general recommendations:
- Maintain a distance from people you do not live with or who are not in your support bubble.
- If at all possible, wait outside for the beginning of the show.
- Always wear an FFP2 mask indoors.
- Wash or disinfect your hands regularly. You are welcome to use the sanitizing station in our lobby.
- Only take the seat you selected when you purchased your ticket.
- Follow the instructions of our staff for your own protection.
What is audience contact tracing?
Audience contact tracing is the collection and retention of guests' data.
The data is collected for the sole purpose of communicating with guests in the event of any contact with a person who has tested positive.
We kindly ask you to fill in and hand in the corresponding form at the box office when purchasing a ticket. Your data will be treated discreetly and will not be copied or transferred. After 28 days, the sheets will be destroyed in compliance with the GDPR.
What will happen to the data that I provide for the purpose of audience contact tracing?
The data is used exclusively for the purpose of communication with you in the event of possible contact with an infected person. The data will be deleted or destroyed after 28 days.
Can I buy my tickets online?
Yes! You can find more information on the Austrian Film Museum's online ticketing here.
Do I still have a free choice of seats?
Unfortunately, we can no longer offer free seating. When you buy a ticket (online or at our box office), you can choose one of the seats that are still available.
What will happen to my tickets if the screening is cancelled due to another lockdown?
If a screening has to be dropped entirely, tickets that have already been paid for can be exchanged for a corresponding ticket for any other screening.
Where can I find further information on the currently valid measures?
You can find more detailed information about the requirements for visiting cultural institutions here.