We are implementing all the measures stipulated by the Austrian Federal Government and recommended by first aid organizations to minimize the chance of virus transmission among our guests and staff.
- Staggering start and finish times of screenings to reduce queues across the venue and operating safe queuing measures with floor markings.
- More frequent and more thorough cleaning routines throughout the cinema, with extra controls in all highly frequented areas.
- Disinfection of the movie theater by anti-viral fogging after each screening.
- Regular staff testing for Covid-19.
- Mandatory face coverings for all guests and members of staff.
- Regular evaluation and revision of infection risk reduction strategies and staff training.
What can I do to minimize the risk of infection for myself and others?
We are doing our utmost to keep things as easy as possible for you. Nevertheless, we ask you to follow these general recommendations:
- Maintain a distance of 2 meters from people you do not live with or who are not in your support bubble.
- If at all possible, wait outside for the beginning of the show.
- Always wear a FFP2 mask indoors.
- Wash or disinfect your hands regularly. You are welcome to use the sanitizing station in our lobby.
- Only take the seat you selected when you purchased your ticket.
- Follow the instructions of our staff for your own protection.
Do I have to wear a face covering when entering the lobby?
Yes. FFP2 masks are mandatory throughout the Film Museum.
Do I have to wear a face covering during the screening?
Yes. FFP2 masks are also mandatory once you are seated in the cinema.
Do I need to have a "3G" certificate to attend a screening?
Yes. Proof of low risk of infection due to one of the 3 Gs (getestet=tested, geimpft=vaccinated, genesen=recovered) can be provided in different ways:
A PCR test is valid for 72 hours, while an antigen test is valid for 48 hours.
If you have already been vaccinated, a vaccination certificate is also valid, provided that at least 22 days have passed since the administration of the first jab.
Proof of recovery from a Covid-19 infection is also valid for six months after recovery.
Do I need to show my "3G" certificate when purchasing tickets?
No. We ask you to have both your ticket and your "3G" certificate ready for inspection only when entering the movie theater.
When do I have to show my "3G" certificate?
We ask you to have both your ticket and your "3G" certificate ready for inspection when entering the movie theater.
Can I also make a test on site?
No. Due to space constraints, we cannot provide a safe environment for supervised self-testing.
What happens if I can't provide a "3G" certificate?
In this case, we are unfortunately not allowed to let you into the cinema. Under the circumstances, a ticket that has already been paid for can be cancelled at the box office until the beginning of the screening.
What is audience contact tracing?
Audience contact tracing is the collection and retention of guests' data.
The data is collected for the sole purpose of communicating with guests in the event of any contact with a person who has tested positive.
We kindly ask you to fill in and hand in the corresponding form at the box office when purchasing a ticket. Your data will be treated discreetly and will not be copied or transferred. After 28 days, the sheets will be destroyed in compliance with the GDPR.
What will happen to the data that I provide for the purpose of audience contact tracing?
The data is used exclusively for the purpose of communication with you in the event of possible contact with an infected person. The data will be deleted or destroyed after 28 days.
Do I still have a free choice of seats?
Unfortunately, we can no longer offer free seating. When you buy a ticket, you can choose one of the seats that are still available.
What will happen to my tickets if the screening is cancelled due to another lockdown?
If a screening has to be dropped entirely, tickets that have already been paid for can be exchanged for a corresponding ticket for any other screening.